House Network Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
House Network Limited, registered in England and Wales number 04907838, of Estate Offices Radley Green Farm Radley Green Road, Radley Green, Ingatestone, Essex, CM4 0LU is the data controller and responsible for your data.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by telephoning us or corresponding with us by letter, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe for any service, place an order on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
If you purchase any of our products and services, the information you provide may also include financial and credit card information. If we need to carry out “know your client” checks on you, the information you provide may include a personal description and photograph and information in any passport or other document you provide to enable us to verify your identity. The information you provide will also include any other information about you and your property that you provide to us or upload to our site as part of the process of buying, selling, letting or renting a property.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, location data, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit (including the full URL (Uniform Resource Locators), session information, and whether you are logged in as a registered user), clickstream to and through our site (which may include date and time), length of visits to certain pages, methods used to browse away from the page, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs).
Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, identity checking agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- pass your messages to actual or potential buyers, sellers, tenants and landlords and their representatives and agents through our site or pursuant to your instructions;
- pass your information to third party credit providers when you choose to pay for our services using this option;
- to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please do not tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006, where this is necessary for our legitimate interests of group administration.
Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors, where this is necessary for the performance of any contract we enter into with you or any contract or other arrangement with them when connected to any property you have expressed interest in selling, buying, letting or renting;
- solicitors representing you or the other parties to a transaction in which you are involved;
- if you are a prospective tenant, we may pass on references about you to the landlord;
- utility companies, to inform them of changes in the occupiers of a property;
- maintenance and repair contractors, in respect of property you own or lease where we have responsibilities;
- where you owe us or a landlord who we represent money, we may need to pass on selected information to third parties who help collect outstanding accounts;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site, where this is necessary for our legitimate interests of doing so;
- identity checking agency, where this is necessary as a condition of us entering into a contract with you or where we are required to do so by law.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where it is necessary to transfer your personal information (such as your name and contact details) in connection with the sale or letting of a property to agents, business partners and listing sites who provide some of our products and services.
- Where you have chosen to use our conveyancing service, insurance service or mortgage advice service, to the providers of those services.
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, enter into any joint venture or seek any significant investment, and it is necessary for our legitimate interests to disclose your personal data in confidence to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets or prospective joint venture partner or investor.
- If House Network Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of the third party for personal data held by us about our customers to be one of the transferred assets.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests to protect the rights, property, or safety of House Network Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
- We may share your personal information with the credit reference agency (CRA) we use, Callcredit PLC, to carry out credit checks and record details of your repayment history. The identity of the CRA, their role as a fraud prevention agency, the data they hold, the way in which they use and share personal information, data retention period and your data protection rights with the CRA are explained in more detail in the CRA information notice (CRAIN). CRAIN is accessible from the CRA – clicking on this link will take you to the CRAIN document: https://www.callcredit.co.uk/legal-information/bureau-privacy-notice
Certain information will be made public in connection with a property listing, such as your address.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers within the UK. Any payment transactions will be carried out on a secure website. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
The basis on which we will process your personal information is that:
- It is necessary to do so in order to provide you with the services that we provide through or described on our site.
- It is necessary for our legitimate interests of administration, including improving our site and the services we provide through it, to enhance the security of our network and information systems, the enforcement or defence of legal claims, or to identify and prevent fraud, and to market and promote our services and the products and services of our business partners and other third parties.
- Subject to your right to opt-out of receiving marketing material (see “Your Rights”, below) and your interests and fundamental freedoms, where we hold your contact details in connection with a property you have marketed, purchased or viewed through us, it is necessary for our legitimate interest in informing you about similar services we provide about which we would like to contact you.
- In certain cases, it may be necessary in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- We will only disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes where you have expressly agreed to this.
HOW LONG WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR
We normally retain contract information (including personal data) for 6 years after the end of the relevant contract, in case of issues arising after the termination of the contract. In other cases, we will retain your personal information for as long as needed for our legitimate interests, subject to your rights, explained below.
You have the right:
- to access the information held about you;
- to ask us to rectify inaccurate personal data about you;
- to ask for the restriction of personal data concerning yourself that is inaccurate, unlawfully processed, or no longer required;
- to ask for the erasure of personal data concerning yourself where processing is no longer necessary, or the legitimate interests we have in processing your data are overridden by your interests, rights and freedoms as the data subject;
- to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk)
- to data portability, which allows you to obtain and reuse the personal data you provided to us for your own purposes across different services;
- to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes, and you can withdraw any consent you have previously given for this at any time. We will inform you if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes (where you have given your consent to this). You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by choosing not to check certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can unsubscribe from email marketing by clicking the unsubscribe link in our marketing emails. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at House Network Limited, Estate Offices Radley Green Farm Radley Green Road, Radley Green, Ingatestone, Essex, CM4 0LU or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- we do not carry out automated decision making; we may carry out limited profiling using your data in relation to marketing, which you have the right to object to as described above.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.